Last updated: April 28, 2021
Interpretation and Definitions
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural and whether the initial letter is capitalized or not.
- “Account” means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- “Firm” (referred to as either "the Firm", "we", "us" or "our" in this Agreement) refers to The Law Firm of Blanche D. Smith, 6110 FM 1488 Rd., Ste. 102, Magnolia, Texas 77354.
- “Cookies” are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- “Country” refers to: Texas, United States.
- “Device” means any device that can access the website such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- “Personal Data” is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- “Website” refers to The Law Firm of Blanche D. Smith, P.C, accessible from https://bdsmith-law.com/
- “Website Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Firm. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Firm to facilitate the Website, to provide the Website on behalf of the Firm, to perform services related to the Website or to assist the Website in analyzing how the Website is used.
- “Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- “You” or “you” or “your” refers to the individual accessing or using the Website, or the Firm, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual that is accessing or using the Website, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Website.
Usage Data may include information such as your device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Website by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website or when you access the Website by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how you can delete Flash Cookies, please read "Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?" available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Firm, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Firm may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage your registration as a user of the Website.
- The Personal Data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Websitte that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Website.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
- For business transfers: We may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with our Website Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website for them to contact you.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Firm assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: When you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Firm will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Firm's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Firm may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Firm may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require a parent's consent before we collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By visiting this page on our website: https://bdsmith-law.com/contact/
- By phone number: 936-301-0111
Main Office & Mailing Address:
6110 FM 1488 Rd., Ste. 102
Magnolia, TX 77354
Satellite Office Woodlands/Conroe
525 Woodland Square Blvd., Ste. 250
Conroe, TX 77384